Poker Free Bets
Online poker has become increasingly popular since the introduction of real money games in 1998, leading to a huge increase in the number of poker players across the globe. Today, there are literally thousands of websites hosting live games for players of all abilities, making it easy for you to find a game to join at any time of day or night. From small games played on a single table to huge tournaments with thousands of entrants, there is something for everyone in the world of Internet poker these days.
Whether you are a complete novice or a seasoned professional who makes a living from playing online, you can make the most of your stake money by taking advantage of the special deals featured on this page. Updated on a daily basis, our guide to the special promotions run by the most reputable companies in the industry covers all the bonuses, free bets and other types of offers that can be found on the best poker sites around the world.
Types of Poker Tournaments (Sit and Go, Single Table Tournaments, Multiplayer Tournaments)
If you are new to the world of Internet poker, you can find an explanation of the most common types of online games below:
- Sit and Go – These mini tournaments usually consist of just one or two tables and start as soon as each seat is filled. You can find a sit and go tournament to join at almost any time on any of the big poker sites. Although the prizes are naturally smaller than for the larger tournaments that are hosted online, they take less time to play and have smaller buy-ins, making them a good choice for those times when you don’t have hours or days to kill or you simply don’t fancy spending a sizeable chunk of money to join a game.
- Single Table Tournaments– Another small type of tournament with just one table of players, these competitions are normally scheduled in advance, as opposed to the sit and go tournaments explained above.
- Multi Table Tournaments – Large, multiplayer tournaments are played over many tables and usually require much larger buy-ins than single table or Sit and Go games. The upside of such tournaments is that the prize money for the eventual winner is substantial.
In addition to the tournament-style games, there are cash game poker tables where the chips you use represent real money and can be exchanged for cash at the end of the game. Additionally, you can quit and cash in your chips at any time during a cash game and the blinds normally stay the same for every hand that is played, rather than being raised at predetermined intervals.
Best Poker Websites
If you are interested in playing poker online, it is a good idea to do some research before you start, so that you can identify the best poker website for your needs. You can start by reading all the information we have gathered here on our site and we also recommend visiting the sites that you like the look of, so that you can get a better feel for what they offer and check out the specific terms and conditions that each one stipulates for new account holders. Some sites may offer poker free bets to new customers and these welcome bonuses, along with other special offers that we discuss in the next section, can be very attractive.
Best Poker Free Bets Offers
You will find there is a wide variety of bonuses and free bets available on the leading poker sites, including no deposit bonuses in the form of real cash, poker welcome bonus offers that can be used to buy tournament tickets and bonuses that can be used to play games in the online casinos with which you open an account. Matched bonus offers, which are based on the amount of your initial cash deposit, are available on a number of sites and can reach quite high figures if you deposit a substantial amount of money and meet the turnover requirements. You can find details of all the top poker free bonuses on our website.
There are as many different approaches to poker betting as there are poker players but there are some golden rules that experienced pros recommend beginners follow:
- Never Bet Without a Reason – You should only ever call or raise a bet if you have a good reason for doing so. If you risk your money or chips without knowing why you are doing it, you will almost certainly lose more than you win in the long run.
- Never Bet if You Think Someone Has You Beat – If you think another player has a better hand than you, you are probably right and should follow your instincts.
- Stick to Your Limits – If you are playing in cash games and you start each game with a firm idea of how much you are prepared to lose or how much you are willing to risk on any one hand, stick to those limits.
There are many more golden rules that experienced players follow and we suggest doing some independent research if you want to avoid making the most common mistakes that catch out new players on a regular basis.
This is a highly complex subject that is impossible to cover in a few short sentences so we suggest buying a good book about poker strategies and studying it in depth before you get involved in any serious games.
Terms and Conditions
When you are evaluating the poker bonus offers and free bets that you find on our site, we recommend paying close attention to the terms and conditions associated with each one. In this way, you can make sure that you pick the special offers that are most suitable for you.
You will find a great deal of useful information on our website and on the various poker sites to which we provide links, covering entry fees for specific types of games, special offers, and everything else you need to know about playing this fascinating card game on the Internet.